In these article we shall be looking at northeast georgia medical center braselton.
Table of Contents
From Small-Town Hospital to World-Class Healthcare: The Story of Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton
Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton opened in 2007, and the hospital has been growing ever since. Within the last few years, it has become one of the top hospitals in America according to U.S. News & World Report and CareChex. In this story, learn more about how Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton moved from rural hospital to high-performance healthcare provider that serves as an example for other hospitals across the country.
Established in 1956 as a two-bed hospital on land donated by local farmer Raymond Braselton, NEA was originally named Lumpkin County Memorial Hospital. Over time, it grew into a six-bed hospital known simply as Lumpkin County; in 1961, it became a founding member of Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
The hospital, which was founded in 1955 as a result of federal programs offering loans and grants for hospitals in rural areas, has since blossomed into one of Georgia’s premier healthcare facilities. Over its 60 years, more than 1.8 million residents have been served by Northeast Georgia Health System.
Established in 1998 as a satellite center for Northeast Georgia Health System’s (NGHS) flagship hospital in Gainesville, NGHS Braselton would soon become its own entity. In 2002, it was granted Level IV regional trauma center status by DHEC and named a branch campus of NGHS. NGHS Braselton continues to grow, offering high quality healthcare throughout Dawson County and North Hall County.