To reguest opay pos as opay user you must upgrade to KYC level to ‘Merchant Level’ (level 3) to be eligible.
To Upgrade KYC Level 3 ( Merchant Level )
1. Go to ‘Me’
2. Click the picture icon (top left) to go to Account Details
3. Click Upgrade to Level 3
4. Upload your picture
5. Upload a valid ID Card (Intl Passport, Voters’ Card, National ID or Driver’s License)
6. Upload a recent utility bill (PHCN bill, water bill, rent receipt, LAWMA waste bill)
7. Upload your BVN
To become fully verify opay merchant level 3 it take 72 hours to customers to review your request.
How To Apply Opay Pos Machine
Open opay application
The Opay Team has to review and approve/
decline your request
Step 3: Merchant Apply
Once you have upgraded to KYC level 3 and you
have switched your OPay profile to Merchant, you
can now go to ‘Merchant Apply’.
Below is a simplified process to folow on how to
successfully go to ‘Merchant Apply’ and request
or apply for an OPay POS Machine in Nigeria.
1. Log in to the OPay app on your device.
2. Choose the ‘Merchant Apply’
3. On the next page, enter all necessary
information as requested
4. Upload your transaction history for the past
5. Upload a valid ID Card (Intl Passport, Voters’
Card, National ID or Driver’s License)
6. Take a snapshot of you business station and
upload to the portal
7. Submit for review
The Opay Team reviews and approve/decline
How Much to Apply for an OPay POS
Machine in Nigeria?
The OPay POS application is ABSOLUTELY FREE.
Although, the latest official POS prices for OPay
POS machine was N50,000 for OPay Smart POS,
N35,000 for OPay Traditional POS, and N8,500
for OPay Mini POS.
Turn-around time for pending OPay POS requests
is 24 hours. This means if you apply for an OPay
POS Machine in Nigeria at 2pm today, you can
have it before 2pm tomorrow. You will get an
SMS/Email once it is approved or declined.
What are the OPay POS charges and
Opay POS charges and commission structure
vary by the volume of the transaction done via
What if I have an issue with the POS device
Once your request for the POS terminal is
approved, you will be contacted by the support
team in charge of agents about the pick-up of
the POS device for immediate use.
will also be assigned to tend to you and other
OPay agents in your area. For issues and inquiries on any of these steps,
contact OPay via email on ng-pos-issues@opay-